Monday, December 20, 2010

J-O-Y

Hey Sweet CAKEs!

It's Christmas! I hope you are all enjoying the most anticipated week of the entire year and not too stressed to complete some of Katherine's delightful December "to-dos"! I have to say, I marked one off your list, Katherine... salted caramel hot-chocolate from Starbucks. There are no words, really. I was left in some sort of stupor afterward. I may have blacked out, I'm not sure. Seriously, it's delish.

Thanks, Amanda for inspiring us to look at our cozy (however, chaotic) Christmas homes and think about what we love the most. I've been waiting for my inspiration in the mail and the happy new addition to our stockings arrived today. Mercury Glass Ornament. So Santa is now informed.





I love stockings. I even love that we have to hang them from our book case drawer handles for lack of a mantle. Books are beautiful and I think they make a lovely back drop to our red stockings. Anyway, once I started looking through the lens of my not-very-good-but-I'm-thankful-we-have-one camera, ALL of the holiday-ness in my apartment seemed so cheery and photo-worthy.





Basically, Christmas is full of J-O-Y from the smallest thing like initialed "e" & "p" ornaments; to the joy of lavishing gifts on people we love (hope your shopping is still joy-filled); to the life-giving, world-changing, soul-saving reality that "people walking in darkness have seen a great light". It's good news, friends! I pray you have time in the midst of decking the halls, drinking cocoa, shopping frantically, traveling, visiting with family and stuffing your face to REJOICE at the sweetest gift we can celebrate this week--our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting-Father, Prince of Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment