Friday, January 21, 2011

So many clothes and nothing to wear!

You're going to have to indulge me for a minute. I have written a post about clothes.

And not just clothes, but the frustration of looking your closet and seeing lots of things and not a single cute, pleasant combination.

So, after book club last night (SO wish C & A were there!), E and I discussed how I feel about the current state of my closet. It's not about having MORE things, because I definitely don't need one more thing in my closet. Why is it hard to fork out a larger sum of money for something you really like than it is to shell out lots of little bills over and over and over?

E, being the expert encourager and voice of reason throughout the conversation, pointed out that spending a few extra dollars to have something tailored to fit you WELL is the best possible way to curate a collection of clothes that you love, that are perfect for you.

So, what is your go-to outfit for work? What would you add to your collection?

Thanks for the indulgence. :)


*Our next book is the Hunger Games by Susanne Collins. Yall read too, ok!?

4 comments:

  1. It has been so long since I have worked that I almost forgot. :) My go-to outfit is definitely a tuxedo white button down from Banana Republic and my black and white checkered wide leg pants from H&M. The shirt was a splurge, but I have not regretted it. The pants were a great find at like $39.

    If I could add one item to my collection it would be a tailored black blazer. I surprisingly do not have a black suit....

    Oh how I do miss book club and the fellowship that goes along with it! I know I have talked about it, but I really need to just suck it up and start one (even if there will only be like 3 people there). :) Think about you ladies often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k & e, you'd be so proud, i have finally sent the official invitiation to the Houston-satellite book club. e, i went with your cute Tapas evite. you are now officially a franchise :) we meet thursday night, so i'll let you know it goes.

    a, this is encouragement for you to start the NYC branch. i had been putting it off and putting it off, but it's amazing how when you sit down to do it, it's really not that big of a deal. funny how life works that way. it gets so much bigger in my head.

    Sure miss you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K- I've been pondering your question and I guess I should have been the one posting it, not responding, because I've got NOTHING. My mornings are slightly dreadful: trying to get inspired to get out of bed, much less go to work, much much less try to find something cute to put on my sluggish bod. The days that I do pull off a moderately cute outfit it's not because I have the right pieces or know what to do with them-- it always just blind sides me. I'm 15 minutes late and I begrudgingly put on a white long sleeve jcrew tee ( staple) and then comes the camel suade skirt ( because I don't own one pair of dress pants to my name) and then of course my favorite boots (last saving grace of my wardrobe)and this is usually where a stop-- bland and boring. But every now and then something like an interesting little cap-sleeved blouse that I bought the summer I started college sneaks out and reminds me it's still around, I put it on over the tee, suddenly remember that I have earrings that would go perfectly and then I get a new rush of energy which is good since I'm now 30 minutes late for work. It's really not a method to be modeled. It's madness. I guess I need some pants.

    PS. Go Book Club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it! I sent out the book club interest email! So I will let you know if anyone is interested....

    Thanks for the motivation ladies!

    ReplyDelete