Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year, New Goals.

Well, welcome to 2012! Hard to believe it's a new year. We spent the morning of this glorious day off (Daddy home!) cleaning up Christmas and playing with our sweet baby. This afternoon we will get to celebrate my little brother's engagement! Nothing like a little New Year's Eve bling. We are excited to welcome Chelsey to our family. For the occasion, I made vanilla almond cupcakes with salted caramel buttercream. Let me tell you, these are good. And really the name is harder than they are difficult.



More importantly, today we are setting some family and personal goals. Thought I'd share my personal goals. Wish me luck... !

1. Work on the pre-baby body! :) Yes, had to throw this one in, but seriously, I can't wait til every last thing in my closet fits again! To work on this goal, I'm using Lose It, an app where you can record what you eat and when you workout. Shockingly, eating 12 mini cupcakes adds up. Oops.

2. Read through the bible. I'm thinking I will use this plan (click on the PDF at the top of the page).

3. Read to Caroline every day. She LOVES the Jesus Storybook Bible from Auntie Em!!

4. Have a welcoming and hospitable house. Host dinners, take meals to people, and have people stay with us.

5. Be conscious about money. Ugh. Only spend on things that we need (don't pick up random crap at the grocery or at Target!)

6. Journal for Caroline.

7. Volunteer in some way at church and within our community.

The end. These are pretty broad, which is important for actual completion :)

Love and miss you all!
k

No comments:

Post a Comment