Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baby Musts: 0-3 Months

Wow, two posts in two days? It must be a new year!

I thought I would chronicle my favorite baby items from these past three months, seeing as two of us will have 3 month olds soon and others of us will surely do so in the not-too-distant future! This post will be about the most helpful baby gear.... saving my favorite "don't really need it but it's the best thing ever" items for another post! I am always at a loss for what to get for baby showers, so hopefully this will help me to remember when it is gift-getting time!

1. Aden & Anais muslin swaddle blankets. Not only are these cute and soft, but they have kept this baby girl swaddled in happiness every night since she came home from the hospital. Got to keep those flailing arms and legs under control! They are also useful when out in public if you need to do a quick feeding, diaper change, or general spit up cleaning.

2. The Swing. Magical sleep creator. Why would you not love that!

3. The Pump. Allowing moms everywhere to not have to whip out the boob while at Target for the thousandth time that week.

4. Soothie Pacis. Caroline doesn't LOVE the paci but when it is time for sleep, she does enjoy a little time with her soothie.

5. Baby cheeks and hands. Good for kissing and hugging. Also, the hands are good for sucking, according to Caroline.

6. Chicco car seat. Can't live without it. So glad random lady in Target talked me into buying that one. It snaps in like a breeze and is easy to get out!

7. BOB stroller. Again. So happy I have this. Gives me no excuse not to go for a walk or run. Dang.

8. Toys from Lamaze. Caroline is entranced when she sees the black and white pattern on the butterfly she got for Christmas. Lots to stick in your mouth too, which is popular with the babies.

9. Jesus Storybook Bible. THANK YOU Auntie Em, she LOVES it. It is so special to read together at night.

10. The mobile. Around 6 weeks, she started really noticing it. Really cute. And on a related note, the video monitor. SO happy I have this. It has saved me so many times getting out of bed and gives me a peace of mind.

11. Activity Play Mat. Also known as Funville (thank you Ashbrooks). We love this. She loves grabbing the toys, doing tummy time and having an all around good time kicking her legs off on this thing.

12. Baby Bjorn. This has literally been the best thing I ever purchased. She loves going anywhere in it and it allows me to cook, go for walks, do stuff around the house, play on the computer (bad mom)... all with two hands.

So these are a dozen things I've been so happy to have these past three months. Next up, all the little things that I'm glad to have with baby girl!

A, let's hear what you think on this! Maybe I'm missing something good!

No comments:

Post a Comment