Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Few More Baby Musts From A

Hey CAKE's,


Per Katherine's challenge, I wanted to add a few more things that are in my "must" category.  We have lots of overlap, such as Aden and Anais blankets, Chicco carseat, activity playmat, Soothie Pacifier, Jesus Storybook Bible, and a good breast pump.  Now on to my additions....


1) Ergo Carrier and Infant Insert - if I had to pick one item that has made the biggest impact on my life as a mother, this would be it.  Living in a big city with a dog and in an apartment building that has seven stairs to climb to get to our first floor apartment, there is at least one outing a day that I load Miss May up in the carrier instead of her stroller.  It is just so much easier to put her the carrier while I am walking Bo or when we go on the subway, etc.  Not to mention that she is a heating pad and the walking usually puts her to sleep.


2) Bouncer - she loves playing with the hanging animals and it is nice to have a place to put her down that is slightly elevated...and when she was really little, she would nap in there.


3) Sleep Sack Swaddle by Halo - our little Miss likes to break her arms out of her swaddle blanket at night, so this has been a sleep saver.  The velcro flaps keep her arms tightly by her side and allows everyone to sleep soundly.


4) The Boppy - I use it every day and at pretty much every feeding...saves my shoulder muscles from tightening up.


5) Burp Cloths - May spits up all the time, so I always have a burp cloth handy (the very soft cloth diaper kind).  They are the best and are very cute with her name or initials monogrammed on there.  This would be an excellent gift to give any mom-to-be.


6) City Mini Stroller by Baby Jogger - it folds up at the pull of one handle and fits nicely in our 500 square foot apartment...and it is relatively easy for me to lug up and down the seven stairs from our apartment to the sidewalk.


7) Books, books and books - we have story time every day, so having a good selection keeps me from going crazy reading the same books over and over and over again.


8) Whitenoise App - we have this on our phones and the iPad. She sleeps to the rain sound every night and it definitely helps set the mood so that she knows it is sleep time.  And it helps drown out some of the loud noises of apartment living.


9) Angus and Julia Stone's "Big Jet Plane" - okay, so this one is specific to May, but we started listening to them during my third trimester.  Mitch had the album on his phone, so he would often put it up to my belly and May would move around like crazy.  Now that she is out of the womb, it is calming to her....so all I have to do is play this song and she will stop crying.  It is MAGIC!


Okay, I think that is all of my must haves for 0-3 months.  And E, I will be back this week with a picture of how I am displaying our Christmas cards.  I just decided that I like them too much, so they are all going to stay up for the rest of the year. :)

3 comments:

  1. Do y'all know why my post has such huge spaces between paragraphs? K's doesn't, so I don't know what I did differently.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I forgot to add one of my absolute musts: Diaper Dekor Plus diaper pail! It is wonderful! It can hold up to a week and a half's worth of diapers and I never ever smell it. You have to buy the refills from them, but we aren't even through our first refill and we are three months in. Well worth the $14 for two refills ever three or four months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day these suggestions will come in handy... thanks for recording them while they are fresh on your brain!

    ReplyDelete