Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Can I get your opinion, please?

OK, CAKEs, I have been a bad blogger. At book club tonight, we were discussing who has a blog and E and I had to look at each other and laugh because we are members of a secret blog that we don't blog on. So, here is a remedy. Like it or hate it. By the way, our next book club pick is "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" by Amy Chua. Looking forward to it actually!

I want to find a new purse. One that can also serve as a diaper bag (welcome baby M, due October 2011, Mommy is already buying crap for herself instead of you). So, I present to you a few options. This may just end up as a purse, but that's ok too. If I could merge these two options, I think that I would be in good shape.

Criteria:
  • Must be cross body, for hands free grocery shopping, diaper changing, etc.
  • Leather. Not sure why this is a criteria, but leather lasts forever. Even with stains. I'm cool with that.
  • No metals in bizarre places. Self-explanatory, really. Have you seen some of the new trends? yuck.
  • Has a few pockets on the inside or even a divider!
So, I've been researching on Etsy and every other site I can think of (Anthro has really failed me this time). Here are the two options I have found so far. Can I get your opinion? This all goes back to my New Year's Resolution... you might remember it... don't buy stuff you don't really LOVE. I'm trying to stick to it! Look at me, it's MARCH, and I still remember the resolutions!

Option 1:
Pros: you can design your own; Cons: expensive
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59461010/two-way-hobo-choose-your-custom-color
http://ny-image2.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.232232574.jpg

Option 2:
Pros: Vintage; Cons: getting into that too much metal territory; seems a little small?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/71263266/vintage-saddle-leather-hobo-cross-body?ref=sr_gallery_9&ga_search_query=leather+hobo+cross+body&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=
http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.232254917.jpg


So, CAKES, maybe you can be my eyes looking for a new purse. My eyes seem to be struggling to find the right thing.

Thanks for indulging this superficial and extremely shallow post.

I promise to be more substantive next time. Whenever that is.

1 comment:

  1. This is not a shallow post; you just need a little girl help. I love that you are wanting a bag that also looks like a purse. My vote is for the first one. It has lots of inside pockets, and I like that you can pick the color. My only suggestion is that you talk to Bekah or someone who has a baby to see if they think it will be large enough, but other than that, I think it is an awesome bag!

    ReplyDelete